Sunday, October 26, 2008

Home Sick

I'm totally bummed to be home sick today because we missed the Primary program.  James diligently practiced his line and had it down perfect!  I was so proud and excited to see him say it and sing in the program, but then I woke up at about 4 this morning and knew I wasn't going to church.  Jason is on alert, and so the kids just had to stay home with me.  I have practically no voice.  I had to call my friend Shar to come get some crafts to display at church for our enrichment group coming up, and I'm sure she loved hearing my crackly "man voice" over the phone.  
In other news, I had my official interview with the midwife college this week.  It went very well.  My only concern is that I think they have lost a couple of my application materials.  She asked me if I was going to send in another recommendation letter and I told her it had been sent in and marked as received for weeks!  So, she ended up just calling my friend for the recommendation, which ended up being good cuz then my friend totally bragged on me.  (Thanks, Marie!)  
The kids are doing great, besides the fact that Charlee is totally bugged at me right now for not holding her.  She is spoiled and likes to be in somebody's arms at all times.  James is loving school.  It is fun at the end of each school day to see him come off the bus and be all excited to tell me about what he did that day.  I check his school work and am very proud of him because he always does such a great job.  
Jayden is in a joyschool (funny huh?  Remind you of the 1980's, anyone?).  My week for teaching is this week and it's my first time.  Wish me luck.  There is only 3 kids, though, so it shouldn't be too bad.  
Holidays this year are going to be lonely.  Jason is on alert on Halloween and I just found out yesterday that he is going to be on alert during Thanksgiving, too.  If they schedule him for Christmas on top of that, I might freak out.  So, maybe we just won't do turkey this year, cuz there's no way I'm cooking a whole turkey dinner just for me and the boys.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hey, Jason should have filled out a sheet that asked him which holiday he wanted off more. So he should know which one he asked off for and never is a senior crew member made to work both Thanksgiving and Christmas. He should always have a least one off. AND Ruben worked a Thanksgiving and we just did the dinner when he came home.

Laura J. said...

Hi NickleAnn - I finally got back on to check things out. Mom said that she is going to start the blogging routine. It was good to visit on my B-day. Love ya, Dad