Sunday, August 9, 2009

10K

Me and some friends decided to do a 10K. We trained together 2-3 times per week at 6 o'clock in the morning. It was a lot of fun running with friends who encouraged me and helped me improve. On the day of the 10K, I drove to Choteau with my friend Alicia. She was doing the 5K, and some other friends of ours had driven up the day before because they were doing the half marathon starting at 6 am (Yikes!). The run was harder than I thought it would be, with a killer hill right before the turn around. But I'm so glad I did it! I used to hate running, but now, I think I'm starting to like it. It's surprisingly relaxing. :) After the race, someone pointed out that I was bleeding! I had a scab on my ankle from running with an anklet a few days before, and it opened up on the run and blood was running into my shoe. Yuck. But it was fun to get a picture of my battle wound. :)


2 comments:

Sharlyn said...

You girls are my heroes! I am not a runner so I totally admire you for doing that race. Good Job!

Unknown said...

This is way late, but I just found your blog! That was a fun day, you did awesome. It was super fun training with you.