Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday





Just thought you'd all enjoy some more pictures.  There is SOOO much snow in our yard.  We have the worst yard for snow drifts.  Our neighbor's yard is practically bare because all the snow blew into our yard and driveway.  We have had several friends comment to us on how crazy it is that we have such huge drifts.  Jason and I had to work late into the night last night to dig out his Jeep so he could drive it to work this morning.  Yikes.
Anyway, I took the kids to Home Depot for the kids project.  They had fun.  James even screwed in the screws (almost) all by himself.  They are very proud of their new bookends.  I, on the other hand, had a blast looking through the clearance Christmas decor and getting some cute new things for next year for super cheap.  Life is good when you know you got a good deal.  :)
Then, we made a stop at the mall and ran into friends in the parking lot who said I should check out the good prices at JCPenney for kids clothes (Shar, you'll enjoy this story).  So, of course, I did.  I found several cute, cheap things for each of the kids and was very happy to make my purchases and leave to go home.  It had been a long morning carting all three kids around town by myself and I was cheerfully looking forward to naptime.  I got to the car, and realized Charlee only had one shoe.  These were new Christmas shoes, so I couldn't just ignore it.  I ran back into the mall to retrace my steps.  I went back to the register and asked the lady who had rung me up if she had seen a baby shoe.  Of course not.  I gave up.  So, I got home and was putting the new clothes away when, to my dismay, I realized that some of the things I had thought I bought were not there.  I checked my receipt, and sure enough, I HAD bought them.  My cheerful attitude was quickly waning.  I called the store, and after being transfered here and there, they finally found my things and told me to come back and get them.  (GRRR.)  I thought back and realized that there had been ample opportunity for the cashier to correct her mistake when I had returned to the store and spoken directly to her to find the shoe.  Surely she had realized that she had not bagged all my items soon after I walked away because they would have been sitting right there on the counter!  (Double GRRR.)  Anyway, long story short, I dragged all the kids back out into the below 0 temps to retrieve my things and we finally got home and I even got Charlee and Jayden to sleep a little, and at the same time!  My evening was saved.  :)  
I am looking forward to NOT going to church at 9 am tomorrow.  We'll see how the kids do with 11 o'clock church.  Jayden will have his first week of Primary.  Oh my gosh, my kids are growing up too fast.  Somebody slow this train down!!

3 comments:

Sharlyn said...

Oh Nicki, I'm sorry I told you to go to Penny's! :) I hope that the deals were worth it! :)

Brandon May said...

hey Nick. its been a while, but christmas is a busy time... it looks like you and your family had a great holiday, and the pics are fun. If I were you I would have left the lights plugged in the whole time and then you would not have had to worry about them.. lol.. j/k
anyways, HI and good to see things are well with you and your family.
later. -B

The LaDuke Justice League said...

That sounds like your dining room table story almost.