Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July

Charlee was a big pill today in church. She doesn't do too well with the 11:00 church schedule. It is right in the middle of naptime. After we got home, I asked Jason to take her while I cooked lunch. He came and got me after a few minutes to show me what Charlee had done. He said she had thrown a huge fit for a couple of minutes and then it all the sudden got quiet. He checked on her and this is what he found!


We had a really fun fourth. Me and the kids went to our ward breakfast. It was fun. Then we went with my friend Shar and her boys to the parade. It was fun to be there with a friend, especially considering that it was really hot and the parade was really long! But we had a good time and the boys got tons of candy. They have a new rule here that they can't throw candy. They have to hand it directly to them. So the boys had bags they held out like trick-or-treating and got tons of candy. Then we went home to rest for a while before our evening festivities. Jason came home from alert and then we went over to our friends, the Lotz's house, and had a potluck BBQ. It was really great. Finally, we finished out the holiday by going to yet another friend's house, the Daw's, to light fireworks. It rained on us really hard for a good part of the time we were trying to do fireworks, but we still had fun. Jason sat in the car to light them and then either threw them out the window onto the street, or else ran out to the middle of the street after lighting the bigger ones. It was pretty funny. But the rain settled down and we finished up just chatting with our friends.
We missed our families. We love you all and hope you had a good holiday.




3 comments:

Magson said...

I was in the nursery several years back while we had the 11-2 block. Oy it was a madhouse -- not only due to being naptime but also due to being lunchtime. Sure, we did a snack for the kids, but that wasn't enough to fill them up and make them happy. 17 tired and hungry kids to keep entertained. . . it was interesting.

We saw a LOT of what your little girl did, with the throwing of fits and then dropping off to sleep in the corner. So stinking cute that it makes dealing with the fit worth it, doesn't it?

Nicki said...

I know. It's a good thing kids are so dang cute or I don't know if they'd live to see they're birthdays. :) I haven't been called to nursery for a few years. I hope my turn doesn't roll around for a few more years yet!

Brandon May said...

Hey Nicki, I have just been thinking about you and your family lately and hope you are all doing well. I also enjoyed catching up with your blog. We are finally slowing down with the finishing of Ice Age and birthdays and all of that.. but now we have another baby coming in Oct. so that should be our next pick up point. Well, I guess that is a lie. We are moving to a better house here in the next couple of months but for the most part I hope to relax and enjoy what normal people experiene... stuff like exercise, tv, and family.. It sounds fun. lol. anyways we are great and we miss the west. You know??? I just want to be back closer to peops I know. Anyways I hope to hear from you soon. -Brandon
later alligator. :)