Sunday, July 26, 2009

Temple trip

I had a great weekend. On Friday, we went to the base picnic, which was...fine. It was hot and I was by myself with the kids. I saw some friends, so that part was fun. Anyway, after the picnic, I packed and got ready to go on a girl's weekend out. I was so excited.
My friend Alicia drove, and my friends Patty and Kathy went, too. We drove to Billings and stayed in La Quinta. We ate at Red Lobster, so yummy, and then just hung out talking, laughing, and playing card games in the hotel. I gotta say, I love girls nights out!!
The next morning we went to the temple, which was a great experience. I feel very blessed to have been able to go the temple 2 months in a row. Jason was great to stay home and watch the kids to help make it happen.
So, after the temple, we went to an LDS bookstore, and I bought a Worldwide Ward Cookbook. There are lots of yummy looking recipes in there I am excited to try. Then we ate Thai food. Soooo good. Jason isn't much of an adventurous eater, so I was happy to be with friends who would be adventurous with me. Maybe I'll have to try some Thai food recipes when we is on alert. My friends told me about a great new Thai place here in Great Falls, so I'll definitely have to find an excuse to try it out sometime.
So, that was my week. I am looking forward to my parents coming up the first few days of August. We might even go camping, so that should be fun. Then my brother comes home from his mission in just over 3 weeks! Yay!

3 comments:

Magson said...

We have that cookbook too, but we haven't done more than glance through it. Someday. . .

Next time you and Jason are in Salt Lake area, Teri and I can take you to some fun "adventurous" places too ;-)

Nicki said...

That would be great. I love going out to eat with people who can give me good recommendations.

Magson said...

Sounds like India Star or Bombay House for you, then ;-)