Saturday, November 22, 2008

Update



I hadn't posted in a while, so I thought I'd update.  Not a lot has happened that is worth mentioning.  I went to Twilight with my friends Shar and Tiffany today.  I definitely love the books more than the movie, but that's not surprising.  It was super fun to get out and spend time with friends without kids, though.  Jason was a sweetheart and stayed with the kids for me.  
I haven't got called in to a birth for the last 2 months when I have been on call.  I am finding that I really miss it when I don't go to a birth for that long.  I really love what I do.  Also, I need to be saving birth money for school, so hopefully I don't have too many more "dry" months like this.  I don't know if any of you watch the Today Show, but they featured doulas last Thursday.  I was pretty disappointed with their segment.  They had a doctor who claimed that doulas are only a luxury for women with means.  That is very much not true, as many doulas work for barter, low fees or for free.  They mentioned a few other things that just put doulas in an unfairly negative light.  I just hope that women who are considering a doula do their homework and don't just take the media word for it.  There, I'll get off my soapbox.
Well, I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving.  I wish we could be with you all.  We miss our friends and family!

No comments: